BHM Home and Estate Services Blog
Here are few steps to know about when shopping at a public estate sale:
1. Wear your mask! You should never shop at a sale if they don't enforce wearing masks.
2. Wear gloves as you will likely be handling a number of items - as are others.
3. Be patient. The law states we can only allow in a certain number of a folks at a time, and that includes the estate sale staff so if you are in a hurry we suggest arriving at the end of the day when the sale is closing in 1/2 hour as there likely won't be a line.
4. Have compassion and be kind to the estate sale staff they are sitting in what is sometimes barely air conditioned air for 8 hrs at a time.
5. Shop online - many estate sale companies have moved to auction platforms so enjoy the shopping experience without any of the risks involved in an in person sale.
6. Most importantly, do not come to the sale if you are feeling sick.
Stay safe - we can't wait to see you all again sans masks - hopefully in early 2021!
Tell us what you'd like us to blog about!
Leave a Reply.